Rafael Nadal says 21 Grand Slam titles 'not enough'

 Rafael Nadal says 21 Grand Slam titles 'not enough'




MADRID: Rafael Nadal said on Wednesday he is as yet not happy with his 21 Grand Slam titles following his notable victory at the Australian Open.

Nadal secured his most recent significant win in Melbourne subsequent to pulling off an amazing rebound from two puts down to overcome Russia's Daniil Medvedev in the last.

The 35-year-old's pivotal triumph took him to the highest point of the unequaled men's rundown and one clear of the 20 Grand Slam titles won by Roger Federer, who is harmed, and Novak Djokovic, who was disputably extradited from Australia before the competition started.

The Spaniard could now make it 22 at the French Open in June, where he has been delegated champion a record multiple times as of now.

"I have no clue about what number of Grand Slams I will have," Nadal said at a question and answer session at his foundation in Mallorca.

"In the relatively recent past I would have endorsed for simply having the option to play tennis once more.

"I need to be the one with the most majors out of the three of us, I would cherish that, yet I'm not fixated, by no means. Anything comes is gladly received and I don't think 21 is to the point of being straightforward. However, no one can tell what will occur later on."

Nadal's rebound against Medvedev had a more extensive setting as well, given he had questions about getting back to proficient tennis while battling with a foot injury last year.

The injury confined Nadal to playing just a single competition over the most recent seven months of 2021. Nadal said he will choose if he is prepared to play at Acapulco in Mexico in the not so distant future yet he is quick to contend at Indian Wells in March.

"It actually harms when I play," Nadal said. "Yet, I'm playing at a more significant level now than I was over about a month prior and this has provided me with a gigantic increase in certainty to push ahead."

"On an individual level it's been a remarkable encounter," Nadal added.

"I have had the option to partake in the most significant level of game once more, something truly challenging to envision half a month prior.

"As well as accomplishing something uniquely great, for me it has been extraordinary to have the option to contend again to the most extreme with the best players. This is imperative for myself and for what's to come."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.