Magda Eriksson 'devastated' by allegations of sexual misconduct in NWSL

 Magda Eriksson 'devastated' by allegations of sexual misconduct in NWSL


The Athletic last week distributed a report containing claims about Englishman Paul Riley's lead made by players he had instructed in the US since 2010, including asserted sexual pressure; Riley, who denies the allegations, was sacked by North Carolina Courage considering the report 

Chelsea commander Magda Eriksson says she and her partners were "crushed" to catch wind of the claims of sexual offense that have shaken the United States' National Women's Soccer League. 

The Athletic last week distributed a report containing claims about Englishman Paul Riley's direct made by players he had trained in the US since 2010, including asserted sexual intimidation. 

Riley, who denies the allegations, was sacked by NWSL side North Carolina Courage as lead trainer considering the report, the association declared matches booked for the end of the week would not happen, and its magistrate Lisa Baird surrendered. 


The NWSL additionally declared it was dispatching various "basic insightful and change drives to secure players and staff", while FIFA has opened a fundamental examination. 

Eriksson, talking at a public interview on Tuesday in front of Chelsea's Champions League match against Wolfsburg, said: "obviously we as players stay refreshed on what's going on in the ladies' football world and we are crushed to find out about these occasions that have occurred in the NWSL. 

"We just examined it and discussed how shocking it is. It's acceptable that players are courageous enough currently to venture forward and for these occasions to become exposed." 

The Sweden safeguard added: "I think I am one of the fortunate ones, since I have been in conditions in Sweden and around here at Chelsea where we are ensured. 

"I have a sense of security, and I haven't encountered any of these occasions myself, or anybody near me. I know it's out there, and I know it's a major issue, likewise a cultural issue. 

"Around here at Chelsea, we have a decent framework set up, and we are ensured well. 

"I think there must be a decent framework set up for when players make some noise. When something has happened to them, they need to have a channel to go to and to be heard." 

'In the public eye we have an enormous issue' - Emma Hayes 


Chelsea manager Emma Hayes was additionally gotten some information about the matter at the public interview, and said: "I think as a rule, we talk about further developing things so ladies have a sense of security and not under danger consistently. 

"I think we need to discuss that incident in our regular routines, not simply in a football climate. I alongside numerous others trust we keep on attempting to give a place of refuge, in our current circumstance as well as in the public arena. 

"I don't have a clue about the arrangements, the foundation as far as where we may be ahead or behind the NWSL. What I know is as a club we have protecting individuals set up, we have government assistance individuals set up. 

"As far as I might be concerned, you can't simply discuss anything in segregation - in the public eye we have an enormous issue in and around the manner in which we treat ladies and I can't simply restrict what I talk going to football."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.