Emma Raducanu: Brit yet to see US Open trophy after presenting it to Lawn Tennis Association as a 'little gift'

 Emma Raducanu: Brit yet to see US Open trophy after presenting it to Lawn Tennis Association as a 'little gift'



Emma Raducanu uncovered she presently can't seem to see the US Open prize she held overtop at Flushing Meadows since it has been delivered straightforwardly to the National Tennis Center as a "badge of appreciation" from the youngster. 

The British No 1 sponsored up her lady WTA Tour win with a direct triumph over Ana Bogdan to arrive at the quarter-finals at the Transylvania Open on Thursday and remain on track for a gathering with favorite Simona Halep. 

Raducanu showed looks at the structure that cleared her to the US Open title in thrilling style as a qualifier in September, turning into the main British lady to win a singles Grand Slam title since Virginia Wade's 1977 Wimbledon win. 

Talking during her on-court talk with, Raducanu admitted that she introduced her prize to the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) as a "badge of appreciation" in acknowledgment of their job in her turn of events. 

"I just idea the LTA had accomplished such a great deal for myself and I simply needed them to have it as a sign for all that they had accomplished for me through the youthful ages. They assumed a gigantic part in my turn of events so it's a little gift," the British No 1 said. 

"I haven't really seen it. I got it sent directly to the NTC so I can hardly wait to go. I couldn't say whether it's there this moment, yet that is the location," Raducanu later added during her public interview. 

"I just idea it was a great gift and a decent second. I think they've (LTA) done a great deal for me so it was only a badge of appreciation. An extraordinary one." 

The young person conceded she isn't the completed item yet and desires to deal with the actual side of her game to have the option to contend routinely on the WTA Tour. 

"I simply should play matches week in, week out, one after the other, and attempting to keep up with a similar level truly," she said. 

"That is something I will zero in on in this slow time of year and it will foster the more weeks that I play on court."

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.